You need to go get you some!

We had plans to meet with good friends for lunch yesterday at my favorite Vietnamese place, Little Saigon. They're fresh spring rolls are SO good and I can eat a bowl of pho every day. My most favorite is the #15 or, better known as "bun bo hue" with little accent marks over all of the vowels. I always butcher it when I say it so I just say "Number 15, please!" Sometimes, I feel weird ordering by number so I say "The spicy beef and pork noodle soup, please!" I love it. Even during the summers when its 115 degrees outside, I'll order a bowl and enjoy it's steamy goodness.

Back to meeting with good friends for lunch. They ended up calling and canceling on us!! I was so bummed because I hadn't had pho in about two months. What the Pho!? I had been imagining what I would order, if I would take half of it home or eat the whole bowl there...I imagined the spicy goodness and the yummy crispy bean sprouts. I imagined squeezing two slices of lime on top of it all. Then, with one phone call that all went away...until my savior, my CMB, who isn't a huge fan of Vietnamese food, said that we still could go!! I love that man...he's such an enabler!
But don't get me started on how I saved half of my soup to enjoy today but we ended up running errands for 4 hours so it sat inside the car the whole time. I had to throw it out!! I was pho king mad...

YUM!!
**'Pho' is pronounced 'Phu.' It rhymes with 'Duh.'

No comments:
Post a Comment