2.26.2009

365.37: A Picture and a Recipe



Ma po Tofu is a yummy Chinese recipe with tofu, pork and spicy goodness. We usually have everything on hand to make it and its done in 20 minutes. It's super tasty over rice- one of my favorite comfort foods. The only thing I do is double the ground pork and leave out the spicy chile garlic sauce and cayenne since AJB won't eat it spicy. But then we place a big dollop of the chile garlic sauce on top...mixed with steamy white rice...mmm...mmmmmm....good!

3 comments:

Donna1264 said...

While I'm not a big tofu fan, its nice to see someone trying to sell you on the idea that if you disguise it right, it'll taste delicious. I am not, nor will I ever be convinced that tofu tastes good. Sorry April, nothing against you or tofu.

April said...

Have you ever had agadashi tofu? Its a Japanese dish where they deep fry it- almost tempura style. You know what they say, anything deep fried is good. :) We eat tofu all the time. I love it! It is bland on its own so it has to be prepared properly...maybe you just haven't had it cooked right? AJB loves it as well and can eat a whole package of it raw. Crazy kid...

GAP said...

This is a great dish and Sarah and I eat it all the time. We found a trick though. We use Italian sausage, the milder stuff, and it makes it even better. I know, Chinese and Italian sausage? Hey, it works, a great secret just shared.